Chuguang (Truman) He
Tel: 972-208-6025(h), E-mail: email@example.com URL: vxecth.tripod.com
7 years software development experience in UNIX, LINUX and Windows environments using a variety of languages, libraries and tools. 4 years extensive telecomm, datacomm OAM&P (CLI/TL1/SNMP/EMS) development experiences. Two years experience as Team Lead of various software projects. Familiarity and exposure to all aspects of the software development life cycle both as a developer and as a Team Lead.
||C/C++, Java, Visual Basic, and FORTRAN.
||X Window/Motif, XRT, OpenGL, AWT, Swing, and MFC.
||Oracle, MySql, and PL/SQL.
||GCC, UIMX, cvs, perforce, RapidLogic, Emanate, and Visual Studio
|Object Oriented Design:
||UML, Rational Rose.
||XML, DTD, XSL,.XSLT, DOM
||SS7 (ISUP, TCAP, SCCP) and GSM.
||BGP4, OSPF, RSVP, and MPLS.
||Solaris, IRIX AIX, VAX and Windows (95/98/2000/NT).
||Sun Microsystems certified system administrator for Solaris 2.6
Technical Staff, Mahi Networks - Richardson 05/01 – 05/02
SONET OAM&P, SNMP/CLI applications:
- Led the SNMP project development for the Mahi mi7 netro core router. Authored the functional design specification white paper. Designed and documented the architecture of the mahi SNMP agents subsystem. Performed object oriented analysis of the SNMP provisioning layer using UML and Rational Rose.
- Implemented the multithreaded SNMP master agent. The main thread listens on a UDP port for outside connections and spawns a retrieval thread to fetch device management information through IPC message queues based on requests. The trap thread of the master agent listens on a condition queue and sends alarms to registered managers.
- Used TCP/IP sockets and inter-process communications (Sephamores, mutexes, and condition variables) to implement multiple SNMP datacomm protocol sub agents including bgp4, mpls, ospf, and rsvp.
- Designed and implemented the Mahi Network Element mib, SONET performance mib and Gigabit Ethernet interface mib
- Used WindRiver’s Rapidlogic to generate the SNMP configuration sub system command hierarchy for the command line interface, and implemented the command handlers for each SNMP command.
EMS Embedded web applications:
- Developed the Gigabit Ethernet performance monitoring php extension C++ module for Apache web server.
- Defined a DTD for structured management information (SMI) and SNMP mib. Developed a Java based SNMP mib to HTML/XML conversion tool.
Sr. Programmer Analyst, INET Technologies 05/98 – 05/01
SS7 and SNMP applications:
- Led a sustaining team of 4 engineers performing software defect investigation and researching solutions to customer critical software problems.
- Led a team of 4 engineers developing real time SS7 protocol stack (ISUP/TCAP) and applications
- Developed the TCP/IP alarm-forwarding server that monitors changes in the alarm database and filters and forwards them to client.
- Reverse engineered SS7 software object oriented analysis using UML, Rational Rose. Generated class tables and class diagrams and use case diagrams.
- Redesigned the distributed behavioral stats management system to handle best or worst performance statistics query in a large system. The flat query to all the probes in the whole network was changed to a signaling group based hierarchical query. Each group elects a leader to summarize group behavior through hello-echo protocol.
- Developed the spiFilter application that allows user to define SS7 signal unit filters. The Widget set used in theis X Window application are XRT tab, XRT table.
- Developed the configurable spiBullsEye application that monitors system alarms of the SS7 network uing XMove.
- Developed the inventive floating dockable toolbar library with Motif.
- Maintained and improved more than 10 GUI applications. Implemented the zooming features of the network status map application.
- Developed the SNMP trap receiver for reporting alarms and events raised by the router.
C/C++ Programmer, Texas Tech Univ. 05/95 – 05/98
Microsoft Visual C++/MFC application:
- Led the Strides (Software through Iconic Design) project of the Computer Science Department. Designed the architect of the Strides system. Strides are an educational detailed design case tool for C++. It was divided into three functional parts: the icon editor, the class builder and the code generator. The icon editor allows its user to edit the flow diagram of his program, the class builder helps the user to implement the class hierarchy of his system. The code generator converts the flow chart to C/C++ code.
X Window/Motif/OpenGL application:
- Using OpenGL and X Window/Motif, developed a 3D graphics animation tool for visualization of molecular dynamics research results for the Physics Department. Moleka reads frame data from the output files of the FORTARN molecular dynamics simulation tool and renders them using OpenGL
Open Source GPL X Window/Motif applications. Since 96
- Developed the Xwol (X Window Object library) library. The purpose of the library is to provide a C++ class framework for developing X Window applications
- Developed an IDE (integrated development environment) called vxe for C/C++. Its features include class view object browsing and syntax highlighting for C/C++, dockable toolbars, multiple child windows, regular expression searching, etc. Compiling and making are integrated in vxe. Vxe is being widely used across the world.
- Developed the Xwol Widget set for LINUX, which includes XwolTab XwolColumnList, XwolTreeCtrl, XwolText, XwolPixmapLabel, XwolCombobox, XwolTreeCombo, XwolFileDialog, XwolToolbar, XwolToolbarManager, and XwolTootipWindow, etc.
- Developed a C++ parser, which recognizes C/C++ syntax units using bison and flex. The parser is used by vxe (Visual XEditor) to parse class information in C/C++ files.
- June 97 / May 98 MS in Computer Science, Texas Tech Univ. GPA 4.0
- Sep 95 / June 97 Doctoral Study in Computational Physics, Texas Tech Univ. GPA 4.0
- Sep 86 / Oct. 89 MS in Computational Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, GPA 4.0
- Sep 81 / July 86 BS in geophysics, Univ. of Science and Technology of China